Monday, June 14, 2010

BRINGIN’-HOME-THE-BACON & PEANUT BUTTER



















CHURNED: Cream, milk, bacon, peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, cinnamon.

STORY: Does bacon belong in ice cream? Just thinking about this salty-sweet combination made my brain explode. This is why Joe Cool exists.

To create it, I first had to do something I never dreamed possible: candy bacon. Yes, let’s dwell on that. I candied bacon.
I took the word “candy,” used it in verb form, and applied it to bacon.
How? I trimmed bacon slices, coated them in brown sugar, then baked them until caramelized. A caution to my readers: please only try this if you want your home to smell like the upstairs of heaven for three days.

Meanwhile, I made a peanut butter custard base, and ran it through Joe Cool, adding chopped bacon pieces at the last moment. Let the mind detonations begin.

RESULT: Elvis should have lived to die from this instead.
STATUS: Too savory to eat too fast. Eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment