Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SUNF-LOWERED EXPECTATIONS



















CHURNED: Chocolate, chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, cream, milk, sugar, egg yolks

STORY: The question, of course, is: Which expectations are being lowered?

Do I refer to the moment when the quest for a “dream job” turns into the quest for “a job”?

Or, to the acceptance that One Show pencils are not in one’s immediate future? But a regular salary is? (A trade-off which raises some expectations?)

Then again, what if I mean your expectations? To see a new flavor every single week on this blog? With full-time employment, I barely have time to write sentence
fragments worthy of setting in large type. 
Let alone to hang out with Joe Cool.

The one expectation that’s not being lowered: this flavor. Crispy, nutty sunflower seeds, in dark chocolate ice cream. Mmmmm, mmmmm. It’s everything you’d want it to be.

RESULT: Like a ray of sunshine on your tastebuds.
STATUS: Half gone already. But keep your hopes up!

3 comments:

  1. yummmm. that's my find of flavor...but I do have high expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some! Jon, I can man the ice cream cart in Prospect Park if you need me to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will we be having some of your yummy ice cream in NYC???

    ReplyDelete